Overseas Drivers

Permanent Residents

Overseas drivers who become permanent residents of South Australia must surrender their overseas licence and obtain a South Australian driver’s licence within three months.

Temporary Visitors

Temporary visitors, students and workers and those who are working in South Australia on current temporary Visas are permitted to drive with an overseas licence as stated below only while that licence is current. If that licence expires, you are required to obtain a South Australian licence.

For More information please visit: Transfer Your Drivers Licence or contact the ADTA-SA Inc through our “About Us” section.